The story of this Bedford hamlet in Northern Westchester begins in 1897 when New York City’s reservoirs forced the village of Whitlock Station to move a mile south.
Though the new town was made up of many of the exact same houses (transported whole or in pieces by horse and wagon), it was given a different name: Katonah (after the chief who sold the settlers the land). Unlike many other villages in the area, residents banned commercial warehouses and factories, and a resistance to chain stores persists within the tight-knit community to this day.
Available Homes in Katonah
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.